Life... A true reality

Inside the mind and life of Laura

Monday, February 06, 2006

Insight from God: some answers to my questions

I go to church at a small church that my youth pastor in high school started. There are only about 20 people who attend on a regular basis, but it's more of a revelation with God rather than someone who relays a message that they have experienced. I really enjoy this lay out because I learn from God and experience Him for myself.

Well, God revealed Himself to me as Truth. We read from Genesis 22 where Abraham takes Issac as a sacrifice. A few new things were brought to my attention from this chapter even though I've probably read it multiple times. First, Abraham was 130 and Issac was 30 years old. I've always seen Issac portrayed as a little boy. This passage not only says something about Abraham's relationship with God but also about Issac's relationship with God. If Issac did not want to be a "sacrifice" or to be bound he could've over taken Abraham, but he did not.

One of the key points that really hit me and opened my eyes to some of the turmoil I have been dealing with concerning Aaron and his attempt to encourage me to read the book of mormon, is that even though God is the same God and there is only one God, we relate to Him differently because we are each different. We think the person we see ourselves to be is who God sees us to be, but that's not necessarily true. This gave me some understanding on my situation with Aaron that I will pass to him. He may not see it that way, but I am going to relate to God the way He leads me too, and only I have experienced Him in certain ways. I can share those experiences with others but God becomes more real in every situation as each individual experiences Him in their own lives. Am I talking in circles here?

Another thing that was brought to my attention is that we see God as "watching over us", off away in heaven, but God feels what we feel, sees what we see, and then sometimes sees us completely differently and knows what is really going on. God is Jehovah Ahway (not sure if I spelled that right) or "The One who sees our needs and provides". Not only does He provide but He is the provision. I have on several occasions asked God to "give me strength" or "give me peace", but I must remember that God is strength.... God is peace. Whatever need I have He is that provision. He is not far way sending us gifts, but with us, waiting to be the gift we need at that moment.

All of this really spoke to me about my feelings and knowing that I am on the path God wants for me. Knowing that God is going to be different for Aaron and me and we will relate to Him differently because Aaron and I are different and have expericenced God differently, yet we have the same God. I'm not sure if Aaron will understand this but God has become peace to me thru this message.

1 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger Martin LaBar said...

Glad you are getting some help on this!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home