Life... A true reality

Inside the mind and life of Laura

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Good News!

It's been a while since I've written because I finished up school the first week in July and then I've been off vacationing ever since. Chris and I spent a week in Galveston, TX with his family. We were planning on going to Destin but the hurricane hit. That's why I never made it to SC. I'll be out there for SWU's Homecoming the last weekend in October 2005.

We also spent a week with my sister in San Diego, CA. We drove out there and stopped at the Grand Canyon on the way out. We only spent about an hour but it's amazing!!! So beautiful and huge! Pictures just don't do it justice. We had a lot of fun in CA. On Tuesday, July 26th Chris proposed to me and I said yes! I was totally surprised and had no idea what he was doing until he went down on one knee! I didn't know he even had a ring! The funny thing was that my sister and I took him to look at some rings a few days before. He did a great job! Just how I wanted it... to be totally surprised.

Proposal Story
For those of you who are dying to know how he did it, here's the story....

My sister and her husband and kids, and Chris and I all went to eat lunch. Chris rode with Geno (my brother-in-law) home while my sister and I stopped by the mall. We got back to the apartment and I sat down on the couch while my sister put the kids down for a nap. Chris was sitting next to me and Geno was getting ready for work. Geno asked me to lean over the side of the couch and look for his name tag. I did but didn't see anything. He asked me if I was sure, so I looked again, and still no tag. Finally, my sister sat down on the other couch next to Geno. Geno looked at me and asked me if I heard Quentin (my nephew) crying and I stopped to listen. Chris stood up with his back to me and turned off the tv, so I was looking at him confused because I was watching Bad News Bears and was really into it. Then he turned around and I was looking at his face with a confused look. He was smiling. Then he got down on one knee! I went totally red in the face and my jaw dropped. Yes, I started crying a little bit too. He said, "I love you so much. I am serious about being with you forever. Will you marry me?" I said, "Of course I will!" It was awesome! He picked out the ring mostly by himself with the approval of his parents. It is a georgous ring!! Yes, it's platinum! So, there's my good news! We're looking at having the wedding sometime late July to the end of Sept. 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home